They spend a lot more than we expected.
The money hit my banking account today. It’s official: Medium will pay article writers.
I made, here are some relevant links in case this is the first you’ve heard about Medium paying actual money to actual people before I break down what.
- Partner Program FAQ. You’ll find out how Medium determines what things to spend, just just how claps influence payment, and much more nutrients.
- Would like to get pa >Anyway, right right here it really is. Paycheck # 1.
Observe that “How your locked tales contributed part that is? If as soon as you become a compensated writer, you’ll have actually a couple of choices before you publish:
- It is possible to secure the whole tale and also make it readable for users just. This reduces the traffic you’ll have, however it’s the way that is only get. The four tales for the reason that screenshot had been the ones that are only thought we would secure, therefore moderate paid me personally for them. Add up? Cool. Let’s have a look at each of the tales.
Locked Tale 1:
- 1K views, 843 reads, 78% read ratio
- 76 fans
- 617 claps
- Payment: $139.73
That one had been a little bit of a test as it ended up being my very very first locked post. I needed to see if composing locked tales in the foreseeable future had been an idea that is good.
It is effortlessly one of the better tales I’ve written on moderate. We go become an excellent indication if I’m laughing when I told the tragic tale of Chad, Stacy and the ex who would not let go as I write something, and I really never stopped laughing.
I’m good the traffic suffered it, but I was pleasantly surprised when I saw Medium’s estimated payment for my efforts because I chose to lock. Thus I thought we would carry on.
Locked Stories 2 and 3:
- 51K combined views, 42K combined reads
- 8,800 combined fans
- 98K combined claps
- Combined re re payment: $50.05
Wondering why these tales got a great deal traffic but therefore small repayment? It is considering that the majority that is vast of views and claps took place once they had been unlocked and free for anybody to learn. We locked every one of them two to three weeks after initially publishing.
So these whole tales are two high high quality examples of unlocked articles that went bananas until they certainly were locked. When that happened, traffic came to a screeching halt. We figured it might take place, but i needed to see just what the payment would find yourself being.
Allow the traffic figures during both of these tales be described as a training for your requirements: if you wish to gain views, reads and supporters, just talk about Medium each time they make changes.
Note: both these whole stories are unlocked once again should you want to read them.